We recognize in today’s isolated world; our services are more essential than ever. The ability to reach out to our friends, family and neighbours has never been more precious. At Nutcracker Sweet we take that responsibility seriously, especially with the holiday season fast approaching.
Based on Provincial guidelines for what is considered an essential service, we will continue to provide and expand our online food distribution offerings throughout the holiday season.
Like everyone, we are closely monitoring the unfolding impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak. Nutcracker Sweet wants to assure you that the health and well-being of our employees, partners, customers and colleagues is our highest priority. We have put several precautions in place which give us the utmost confidence in our ability to continue operating in a safe and responsible manner. More details about the steps we are taking are available in the FAQ section below.
Thank you for your continued support as we do our best to serve you responsibly and in ways that we hope make a positive impact. We wish you well as we all work together to stay safe and healthy!
Are We Still Offering Gift Baskets?
For over 35 years, Nutcracker Sweet has helped you tell your family, friends, and colleagues how important they are to you. As we all try to keep in touch while keeping our distance in these stressful times, we believe that sending gestures of kindness is more important than ever. It is for this reason that we have chosen to keep our full catalogue available to our customers through our online store.
What Are We Doing To Keep Our Customers And Employees Safe & Secure?
As a distributor of food products, we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of sanitation in our facilities. We take food safety very seriously and are voluntarily audited on an annual basis to ensure that our operations are in line with industry best practices. In addition to our normal food safety procedures, we are increasing the frequency of our sanitation, as recommended by the World Health Organization. The following steps are some of the highlights of the precautions we are taking to ensure staff & customers remain safe & healthy:
• As always, employees exhibiting any signs of illness will not be permitted in the workplace
• Barriers between desks
• Mandatory mask wearing for everyone
• Limiting capacity of close quarter areas
We Are Also Doing Our Part To Facilitate Necessary Social Distancing As Much As Possible While Providing You With The Gift Basket You Need:
• Our retail location in North York is open for curbside or in-store pick up.
• As per City of Toronto Public Health guidelines, all people entering our location are required to wear a mask covering their nose, mouth & chin. Please note: visitors & face shields worn alone are not accepted by Toronto Public Health at this time.
• If you are interested in a particular item for pickup, we strongly recommend calling the day before to place a pickup order. Orders can be placed over the phone for curbside pickup or instore pickup by calling us at 416.782.3232
• Our retail location at Scotia Plaza has opened again as of early October - late December. We suggest you call 416.865.9797 to ensure any particular item you are looking for is in stock
What Precautions Are Being Taken With Regards To Deliveries?
• We are able to deliver gifts to hospitals, doctors offices, Long Term Care Homes or medical buildings - deliveries will go via front desks or shipping & receiving - deliveries to individual rooms are not possible at this time
• Deliveries will be made without requiring a signature to ensure contactless delivery as much as possible. The delivery services we use will continue to knock on the door, ring the bell, or call the phone number provided to advise of the delivery, but we will not wait for someone to answer the door.
• Although we will do our best to provide a gift when you want it to be delivered, during Covid-19, we are unable to guarantee a specific delivery date for deliveries outside of the GTA
• Gifts going to apartment or condo addresses outside of the GTA area will be delivered via UPS or Canada Post
• We reserve the right to leave parcels with concierge or front desk staff instead of going directly to the recipient’s unit.
• As always, we will provide you with peace of mind about your delivery through our extensive delivery monitoring systems.
• We will stay in touch with our delivery partners and make changes to our processes if necessary going forward.
Have other questions or concerns? Give us a call at 416.782.3232 or reach out to us by email at email@example.com. We are committed to working closely with you as we all weather these unprecedented circumstances.
-The Nutcracker Sweet Team