Like everyone, we are closely monitoring the unfolding impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak. Nutcracker Sweet wants to assure you that the health and wellbeing of our employees, partners, customers and colleagues is our highest priority. We have put several precautions in place which give us the utmost confidence in our ability to continue operating in a safe and responsible manner. More details about the steps we are taking are available in the FAQ section below.
Based on Provincial guidelines for what is considered an essential service, we will continue to provide and expand our online food distribution offerings.
Innovation is at the core of what we do, and we have been inspired by the ability of our communities to quickly adapt and come together to help one another. It is in this spirit of pitching in that we have decided to move up the launch date of our latest online division, Nutcracker Pantry. Packaged non-perishable foods as well as discounted care packages will all be available for delivery at affordable prices through this new branch of our website.
Thank you for your continued support as we do our best to serve you responsibly and in ways that we hope make a positive impact. We wish you well as we all work together to stay safe and healthy!
What are we doing to keep our customers and employees safe & secure?
As a distributor of food products, we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of sanitation in our facilities. We take food safety very seriously and are voluntarily audited on an annual basis to ensure that our operations are in line with industry best practices. In addition to our normal food safety procedures, we are increasing the frequency of our sanitation, as recommended by the WHO.
We are also doing our part to facilitate necessary social distancing as much as possible:
- Our retail locations at Scotia Plaza and North York will be closed to the public until further notice. We will still be fulfilling orders placed over the phone, by email or online.
- Most of our employees are working remotely to ensure that our staff maintain their regular employment while respecting the need to stay home.
- Only a few staff members essential to the fulfilment of online orders will be working on-site. Their workstations have been adjusted to ensure ample physical distance is maintained throughout the day.
- As always, employees exhibiting any signs of illness will not be permitted in the workplace.
Are we still offering gift baskets?
For over 35 years, Nutcracker Sweet has helped you tell your family, friends and colleagues how important they are to you. As we all try to keep in touch while keeping our distance in these stressful times, we believe that sending gestures of kindness is more important than ever. It is for this reason that we have chosen to keep our full catalogue available to our customers through our online store.
What precautions are being taken with regards to deliveries?
- We will not be delivering gifts to hospitals, doctors offices, or medical buildings until further notice.
- Deliveries will be made without requiring a signature to ensure contactless delivery as much as possible. We will continue to knock on the door, ring the bell, or call the phone number provided to advise of the delivery, but we will not wait for someone to answer the door.
- We reserve the right to leave parcels with concierge or front desk staff instead of going directly to the recipient’s unit.
- As always, we will provide you with peace of mind about your delivery through our extensive delivery monitoring systems.
- We will stay in touch with our delivery partners and make changes to our processes if necessary going forward.
Have other questions or concerns? Give us a call at 416-782-3232 or reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to working closely with you as we all weather these unprecedented circumstances.
The Nutcracker Sweet Team